Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Around the Nation
Yankees Pay Tribute To 'Lifelong' Fan
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 10:23 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Yankees fan Bernando LaPallo was born the same year as his team. And Saturday, more than a century after attending his first game, LaPallo was at the New Yankee Stadium for what he called: the greatest day of my life. He shook hands with shortstop Derek Jeter. But 93 years earlier, LaPallo shook hands with Babe Ruth who called him my youngest admirer. LaPallo is now 111 years old.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.