Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Yankees Pay Tribute To 'Lifelong' Fan
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 10:23 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Yankees fan Bernando LaPallo was born the same year as his team. And Saturday, more than a century after attending his first game, LaPallo was at the New Yankee Stadium for what he called: the greatest day of my life. He shook hands with shortstop Derek Jeter. But 93 years earlier, LaPallo shook hands with Babe Ruth who called him my youngest admirer. LaPallo is now 111 years old.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.