Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
You're Fired, Trump Tells Himself; He Won't Be Moderating Any Debate
Originally published on Tue December 13, 2011 3:59 pm
He'd hinted that this might happen.
And now Donald Trump has decided he won't moderate a Republican presidential debate after all, because, he says, it might be a conflict of interest since he still just might, maybe, could run for president in 2012 as an independent.
Of course, the scheduled Dec. 27 event was down to only two candidates — former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Sen. Rick Santorum.
Our friend Frank James will figure out what this all means, if anything, on It's All Politics.
Update at 4 p.m. ET. Trump Has Posted A Video Explaining His Thinking.