Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Innovation in Africa
Our reporter, Ryan Delaney, recently returned from a trip to East Africa funded through a fellowship from the International Center for Journalists.
Kenya leads Africa in mobile and internet access and is working to finish "the last mile" of connecting the entire country. It has used mobile technology to pioneer mobile money transferring and crowdsourcing crisis information.
Technology has the potential to lift Kenya into the developed world, but if investment is not done right, it could widen the gap between the haves and the have nots.
We're featuring his stories during newscasts in the coming weeks. You can find them all here. If you'd like to get in touch with Ryan, you can email him.